The Urban Institute needed to update it's aging website to a platform with a solid focus on Content management and the ability to allow content creators the control over page layout. This was accomplished by using Drupal 7 and a hand full of contrib and custom modules to meet the mission-critical elements outlined by the team.
The Urban Institute is a non-profit organization that focuses on providing access to various social research papers, insights into various social events, and scientific data around these stories.
01. Provide researchers with a way to access the vast library of research documents available on the platform.
02. Provide a way for content creators to create custom layouts for various articles when needed.
03. Provide a way to create various sub-sections on the platform for Policy Centers and Cross Center Initiatives.
04. Launch the project on a tight deadline and fixed budget.
05. Easy to navigate Admin interface
01. Implemented Custom Search API and Facet API functionality.
02. Created Power search using Search API views.
03. Provided custom layout management via Page Manager and Panels.
04. Custom Interface for creating sub-sections for the site.