The project involved building out a unique type of video player that allowed the site to broadcast full-length episodes for their series on cancer. The player had a lot of challenging requirements that had to work just right both on mobile, and desktop environments.
Founded in 2017, SurvivorNet is a reliable online media platform source for cancer information.
SurvivorNet believes that many people still struggle to find information about treatments that can save their lives. On this online platform, it closes the gap between patients and doctors by creating an in-depth video-based educational resource and blogs for patients.
Its mission is to help cancer patients that can't afford to fly around the country just getting a second opinion and third opinion about their illness. They connect them with information about cancer from doctors at different respective institutions.
01. Integrate with a Third-Party video hosting service and leverage information from that provider to generate the UI titles.
02. Animating and updating the ui based on video player time stamps
03. Responsive interface
01. Leveraging another Third-party video provider can be a challenge at times especially when this provider was streaming live video
03. Another big challenge was ensuring that the UI updated as the player progress. This included the pagination of video titles and information to be in sync with what the viewer was seeing.
04. The Web and Mobile interface for the application was the same