The Children's Bureau's Child Welfare Capacity Building Collaborative needed a website to bring together various agencies and have a central place for them to share important and helpful articles, news, and events for those in need of Child Welfare services. For this project we focused on creating a website that could easily help then accomplish that mission.
The Children's Bureau's Child Welfare Capacity Building Collaborative helps public child welfare agencies, Tribes, and courts enhance and mobilize the human and organizational assets necessary to meet federal standards and requirements; improve child welfare practice and administration; and achieve safety, permanency, and well-being outcomes for children, youth, and families.
01. Low IT budget meant the site had to be easy to update
02. primarily users needed to be able to create various layouts on the site without intervention from Developers.
03. Having a lot of people with the ability to add
05. and manage content on the site means there is a higher risk of things being published before they are ready. There was a need to mitigate that risk through publishing workflows.
01. In order to keep Developer time to a minimum we leverages Layouts and created several premade layout templates
02. as well as leveraged various display modes for blocks and content
03. making drag and drop page editing easier for users.
04. We used the core Workspace module
05. content moderation
06. and the Workspace plus module which we created specially for this project in order to make sure that users could edit and preview content safely and that there was editorial oversight for when the content was published to the site.